As an Apprentice Wood Machinist at Shackletons, you will undergo comprehensive training to develop the skills necessary for precision woodworking and machining. Under the guidance of experienced professionals, you will contribute to the production of high-quality furniture components while learning essential techniques and safety practices.
- Learn to operate and maintain woodworking machinery, including saws, planers, and routers.
- Execute machining processes to produce wooden components according to design specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of raw materials, including cutting wood pieces.
- Learn to interpret technical drawings and specifications for accurate material processing.
- Participate in quality control procedures to ensure finished wood components meet established standards.
- Collaborate with the quality control team to address and rectify any identified issues.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines for woodworking machinery operation.
- Develop an understanding of regulatory and safety requirements in wood machining.
- Work closely with experienced wood machinists and other team members to contribute to the overall production process.
- Seek guidance and feedback to enhance machining skills and efficiency.
For more information or to apply for this role, send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org